- Exciting Greenfield Leadership Role
- Strong Social, Economic & Community Focus
- Brisbane Based
This exciting greenfield opportunity will suit a professional with outstanding leadership skills, a track record of consistent achievement and the capability to build a first-class service orientated organisation.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate a track record of leading strategically and with vision in complex environments. You will have strong capabilities to manage key stakeholder relationships whilst continuing to build organisational capability. Tertiary qualifications in business, economics, commerce, finance, insurance, health or management would be highly regarded.
The National Injury Insurance Agency, Queensland was established to administer the National Injury Insurance Scheme, Queensland. The Scheme provides eligible people who sustain a serious personal injury in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland with necessary and reasonable care for their lifetime, irrespective of fault or age.
The Agency is responsible for assessing the eligibility of participants, coordinating and approving the payment of care and support services and establishing and participating in dispute resolution processes. The Agency also provides information and education to the community about the Scheme, reviews the operation of the Scheme and conducts and supports research.
The principles of collaboration and informed decision-making are central to the Scheme and are achieved by providing evidence-based treatment, care and support options which suit individual requirements. The Agency provides this in an environment which fosters informed choice, flexibility and empowerment.
The Scheme will grow steadily over several decades to become a significant socially and economically beneficial Scheme with substantial assets and liabilities, expected to exceed one billion within three years and to grow exponentially over several decades.
As CEO, you will use your knowledge, expertise and leadership ability to build a client-centric organisation focussed on the delivery of high quality, innovative, value-added policy and services to the people of Queensland. As the first externally appointed CEO reporting to the independent Board, your key challenges will be to:
- build a productive working relationship with the Board and other key stakeholders
- lead and deliver a major social reform initiative for Queensland
- grow an agile, dynamic and innovative organisational culture, focussed on organisational capability, high performance and continuous improvement
- effectively manage multiple issues with a high level of public interest, which may impact on the community, industry and economy
- oversee and lead the strategic and operational administration of the Agency
- develop, monitor and improve frameworks, governance processes and service delivery to manage risk and deliver effective, sustainable and affordable services
- work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the Queensland Government, the community and industry, including medical and legal professions, insurers and health entities, other government jurisdictions, Ministers and their staff, and Members of Parliament to deliver a strong, client-centric Scheme for Queenslanders
- manage a significant budget for injury management related research programs to improve health and vocational outcomes for injured people.
Finally, it goes without saying that you will be skilled in inspiring individuals and teams in the pursuit of results.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Mark Phillips of Dean & Ling Executive on (07) 3211 1018. Alternatively, submit your application via email@example.com or visit www.deanling.com.au.